HEY YOU! NOGOODFORME.COM is now found at...NOGOODFORME.COM! You've stumbled upon our old mirror site instead. Please point your browsers to NOGOODFORME.COM instead and update your newsfeed to http://feeds.feedburner.com/nogoodforme/tYOS. Thanks and we shall see you at NOGOODFORME.COM!
Tuesday , December 14, 2010
Five ways to wear your No Age bandana
Something exciting about today is that, at any given you point, you can go out (or stay in!) and get the supertight new record Weirdo Rippers by No Age. It came out Tuesday and it's awesomely ear-shredding but still as bouncy and melodic as your most loved Ramones song (plus there's lots of pretty guitar, too). My favorite track is probs "Semi-Sorted," which takes a long time to build but then explodes into something thrashy and heart-slugging that's so perfect for running up hills (all Kate Bush-stylez - except not really). Anyway, you can download a few tracks here and then score the whole damn record at Amazon or iTunes.
You can also grab yourself a No Age bandana - now available in many vibrant colors - by PayPal-ing the band $7. I recently replaced my tired old navy-and-white bandana with a far hotter hot-pink-and-gold one, which No Age's guitarist Randy Randall says was inspired by the cover art for The Greatest by Cat Power. I like to wear mine all boring/girly (folded repeatedly till it's about 2 inches wide, then wrapped around my head and tied at the back) but there are so many more exciting ways to do it. To demonstrate for us, Randy acted as our model in a super-exclusive No Age/nogoodforme.com fashion show extravaganza gala adventure thing deal. Photos are by Alisa Lipsitt, Randy's partner in Stacks and Layers (a boutique production company - check out their stuff on YouTube).
So yeah, here we go:
1. This is how to wear your No Age bandana when you're going to dress up as Bruce Springsteen in 1984 - and then maybe feel slightly regretful about it.
2. This is how to wear your No Age bandana when you're going to dress up as that guy from Bruce Springsteen's band who wore his bandana around his forehead. You know, the guy that eventually ended up playing Silvio Dante on The Sopranos .
(It's Little Steven/Steven Van Zandt. I actually knew that the whole time.)
3. This is how to wear your No Age bandana when you're going out to rob a bank in the Old West.
P.S. Don't forget your gun!
4. I actually don't have anything clever to say about this one; I'm just crazy about Randy's t-shirt and thought that this shot showed it off really nicely.
5. Lastly, this is how to wear your No Age bandana if you are actually in No Age. It totally works here, but when we're out on the town and we see boys who are not in No Age and they're wearing neckerchiefs, we kind of break out in hives a little. Maybe the only excuse would be if you're a Boy Scout or a Cub Scout. Otherwise, no dice. Sorry.
Share | | | |