HEY YOU! NOGOODFORME.COM is now found at...NOGOODFORME.COM! You've stumbled upon our old mirror site instead. Please point your browsers to NOGOODFORME.COM instead and update your newsfeed to http://feeds.feedburner.com/nogoodforme/tYOS. Thanks and we shall see you at NOGOODFORME.COM!
Tuesday , December 14, 2010
Maximum Imaginary Shopping Spree: Laura Jane takes on Resort 2009
Resort collections rule. I always enjoy them heaps more than I do ready-to-wear because:
1) There are less looks in the collections, so you get less bored scrolling through seventy-freaking-eight pictures of Chanel in the style.com pop-up window.
2) They take themselves way less seriously, which they should, because fashion is not all that serious (and to anyone who thinks otherwise- you take yourself too seriously, dude!)
3) The clothes are always more casual and therefore look more like things I could wear in my boring broke-ass life.
4) There is not so much of an emphasis on cohesion and so the garments look less branded and/or cookie-cutter, which makes them highly more appealing to this particular anti-fashion-fashionista. Dressing solely haute just seems like cheating somehow; well, of course you're going to have to good style if you only ever wear expensive clothes made by the cool-kid designers! I doubt you'd look so fly if you had to dress yourself out of trash bins and Old Navy sale racks, you boring Lagerfeld death-drones!
Oops. I digressed. What I meant to say is, here are my picks from the Resort 2009 collections. Enjoy!
Figure 1: What Rich Laura would wear to... Grab Morning Coffee Fabulously
1. ADAM; 2. Stella McCartney; 3. Nina Ricci; 4. Marc Jacobs; 5. Doo.Ri
Figure 2: What Rich Laura would wear to... Scrappily Get Drunk in a Park
1. Stella McCartney; 2. 3.1 Philip Lim; 3. Sari Gueron; 4. Chris Benz
Figure 3: What Rich Laura would wear to... Go on a Date with Michael Showalter
1. Fendi; 2. Nina Ricci; 3. Reyes; 4. Helmut Lang; 5. Givenchy
Figure 4: What Rich Laura would wear to... Meet Sho's Parents
1. Givenchy; 2. Diane von Furstenberg; 3. Chris Benz; 4. Reyes
Figure 5: What Rich Laura would wear to... Go Shopping and Drink Sangria with Kat & Liz
1. Temperley; 2. Costume National; 3. Abaete; 4. Jonathan Saunders
Figure 6: What Rich Laura would wear to... Collect her Pulitzer Prize
1. Balenciaga; 2. Jason Wu; 3. Jonathan Saunders; 4. Brian Reyes
Tags: Abaete, Balenciaga, Brian Reyes, Chris Benz, collections, Costume National, Diane von Furstenberg, Givenchy, Helmut Lang, Jason Wu, Jonathan Saunders, Michael Showalter, Resort 2009, Reyes, sangria, Sari Gueron, Stella McCartney, Temperley
Share | | | |